Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

WDIBT: A Matchbox Memory

Well, it's another weekend once again my friends and another What Did I Buy Today after watching an awesome IMAX 3D movie Captain America: Winter Soldier courtesy of my friend. Thanks a lot, Jun C.! ;)

So, I have this very interesting purchase that goes way way back in the mid-70s. Just to give you a brief story about this purchase, back in 1st grade, I had this Matchbox car. It was my favorite and I used to race it amongst my cousins. Hands down it was the fastest (branded as Superfast), never been beaten. I really loved that car but unfortunately I lost it through the years.

Fast forward 2014, a collector friend, Edmann, offered this item and when I saw it...BOOM!!! Hehehehe. :D

Without further adieu, here's my Matchbox Superfast Alfa (Romeo) Carabo Series No. 75 Made In England 1970 Lesney Products & Co. It is not a perfect sample, but for me, it  is a beauty! Do you have a favorite car when you were a kid? ;)


Here's a brief  history of the real car lifted from Wikipedia. :)

The Alfa Romeo Carabo is a concept car first shown at the 1968 Paris Motor Show.[1] It was designed by Marcello Gandini, working for the Bertone design studio. Carabo name is derived of Carabidae ground beetle, as evoked by the car's iridescent green and orange coloring.
The prototype was built on the chassis of the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, a mid-engined V8. The Carabo engine made 230 bhp (172 kW; 233 PS) at 8800 rpm, which made it possible to achieve a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).[1]
The scissor doors later inspired the Lamborghini Countach.
A replica, built on a De Tomaso Pantera platform, was built by Sam Foose (father of Chip Foose) after he was unable to buy the concept from Bertone.[2]


Thanks for lookin'. ;)

T

Now to continue on my other purchases. :D

After our Mega meetup, Jun and I headed to Greenhills Shopping Center where you can find the best diecast stores and many others. ;)

Hopping from shop-to-shop, I got another Matchbox from my Land Rover Defender 110 line.
Then I have these nice set of EuroDMs, Hot Wheels ZAMAC Volkswagen Scirocco GT, Citroen C4 Rally, Treasure Hunt Ford Fiesta (HTF) and BMW M3...
 
 
...a sole JDM, Hot Wheels Toyota Celica (yellow) that was missing from the 3 variant released so far. I posted this as my looking from a week ago, many thanks to a fellow collector who has an extra and pass it on to me. :)

Then I got this newest variant of Volkswagen Kool Kombi though I am still missing the green one. :D
 Then these two 1:24 Jada Bigtime Kustoms Volkswagen Beetles than I'm looking for quite sometime as additional to my 1:24 Red Beetle collection. ;)
And last but not the least, it's a non-diecast purchase that I find it nice to pair with the G-Shock that I'm wearing, nicknamed Doraemon. :D 
I hope you enjoy the read. These are the last of my March Madness hauls. :D

Thanks for lookin'. ;)

T 

No comments:

Post a Comment